John XXIII College provides accommodation for both causal guests and conference groups during the Summer Accommodation period (December & January). We endeavour to provide a high standard of service and comfort to all of our guests. However, we ask guests to be aware that John XXIII College is the family College; it is a home away from home for its residents and community and cannot be meaningfully compared to a commercial hotel, bed & breakfast or even a youth hostel.
The College offers a peaceful, relaxed atmosphere for guests hidden from the nearby centre of Canberra within beautifully landscaped grounds. John XXIII College has the largest standard rate rooms on the ANU Campus. These rooms are well appointed, spacious and recently refurbished, with views over the National Botanic Gardens, Black Mountain and the attractive ANU grounds and gardens.
Each single study/bedroom contains the following:
- King Sized Single Bed, Mattress, Mattress Protector & Bedbug Protector;
- Large, Lockable Storage Cupboard with ample Shelving, Hanging Space & Mirror;
- Vanity Unit with Sink and Hot & Cold Water;
- Large Study Desk with Office Chair, Desk Lamp, Power Board & Extension Lead;
- Easy Chair;
- Pin Board;
- Waste Paper, Recycling & Washing Baskets;
- Heating Unit;
- VOIP Telephone with Voicemail & Data Cable for Superfast Cat 6 Internet Connection;
- Window with Curtains;
- A Smartcard Security System.
In addition to the above, each floor at John XXIII College contains at no charge:
- Maytag Washing Machines;
- Maytag Dryers;
- Irons & Ironing Boards.
With the exception of women’s only bathrooms on the 1st & 2nd Floor, there are four communal bathrooms on each level – each provides four enclosed showers and toilets, shaving mirror and full length mirror with bathrooms on each level recently renovated.
The College has the following rooms, subject to availability, for an additional charge:
- Large rooms which contain more space;
- Rooms that contain a Queen sized bed and ensuite.
Conference Terms & Conditions (Attach Contract PDF)