Dining At Johns
As a fully catered residence, John XXIII College provides its residents with 3 meals and 2 “snack times” per day, every day in the Dining Room.
John’s Catering Team offers, in our opinion, the best cuisine available on campus.
- Breakfast (7:00am – 9:00am) includes a hot breakfast (Monday to Friday) and a daily continental buffet breakfast (juices, fresh fruit, cereals, yoghurts, pastries, various breads) 7 days a week.
- Lunch (12:30pm – 1:30pm) and Dinner (6:00pm – 7:00pm) includes brassiere style hot dishes (a variety of meats, vegetables, potato and rice), cold meats, salad bar and condiments. Provisions are provided to make pizza and sandwiches in the grill or sandwich press. Homemade hot soup is provided during winter!
- Fresh fruit salad at every meal.
- 2 Snack times each day (between 10:30am – 11:30am and 3:00pm – 5:00pm) gives residents the opportunity for a between meal snack of fresh fruit, a range of cereals, toast and condiments – Snack Times are a favourite of the residents!
- Dinner also includes soft drink machine plus a variety of desserts including cakes, muffins, mousse & ice-cream.
- Catering for Vegetarian, Halal meals and other cultural and dietary requirements are provided.
- A Late Dinner Service is provided for those unable to attend during normal meal times (by request).
- A Packed Lunch Service for those unable to attend during normal meal times (by request).
- A Casual Guest Meal Service is provided for friends or family of College Residents currently charged at a nominal fee ($6.00-$13.00 depending on meal).