Your Room At Johns
John XXIII College has recently renovated every residential room in the College with a new, modern, stylish fit out. One of the largest catered single bedrooms on campus, John’s residential rooms arespacious and well appointed, with views over the National Botanic Gardens to Black Mountain and the attractive College grounds.
Incoming undergraduates are housed in single bedroom accommodation with larger rooms available to later year residents who make a valuable contribution to the College.
Residential Rooms are cleaned weekly, during academic teaching periods. Weekly cleaning includes vacuuming, rubbish/recycling removal and wipe down of sink (when empty of dishes).
Each single study/bedroom contains the following:
- King Sized Single Bed, Mattress, Mattress Protector & Bedbug Protector;
- Large, Lockable Storage Cupboard with ample Shelving, Hanging Space & Mirror;
- Vanity Unit with Sink and Hot & Cold Water;
- Large Study Desk with Office Chair, Desk Lamp, Power Board & Extension Lead;
- Easy Chair;
- Pin Board;
- Waste Paper, Recycling & Washing Baskets;
- Heating Unit;
- VOIP Telephone with Voicemail & Data Cable for Superfast Cat 6 Internet Connection;
- Window with Curtains;
- A Smartcard Security System.
What To Bring?
- Bed Sheets (King Single Size), Doona/Comforter, Pillows & Pillowcases
- Rug or Blanket
- Study Aids & Stationery
- Computer or Laptop
- Stereo & TV
- Towels, Toiletries & Medications (inc. Band-aids, Multi Vitamins, Berocca, Panadol, any other medication you take regularly)
- Washing Powder
- Coat Hangers & Clothes Horse
- Formal Wear (Dress/Suit)
- Sports Equipment for the Inter-Hall sports competition
- Posters or other Removable Room Decorations