Terms and Conditions
1. Prices are per room per night and include breakfast, dinner, linens and all taxes.
2. Your credit card details are only held as guarantee. When making a reservation your card details are preauthorised however not charged. This means that you must have sufficient funds on the card for one night’s stay. You must then pay in full when you arrive to the college during office hours with card or cash. For bookings over 7 days we will require a deposit of the first 2 nights’ accommodation to secure the booking.
3. Payments made by credit cards will incur a merchant fee at the following rates: MasterCard and Visa 1%,
4. Guests are liable to pay for any damages or breakages to John XXIII College property incurred during their stay. For further details on damages and breakages including prices please refer to the John XXIII College Handbook.
5. Check in time is any time after 12:00pm. Check out time on the date of departure is 10:00am. If the room is not vacated by this time, the customer will be subject to another night.
6. Guests must cancel or modify all reservations 5 working days before the date of arrival, and no charge will be taken. If the cancellation or modification is after this time, the first night or 50% of the total reservation amount is taken, whichever is higher. For reservations with multiple rooms this applies to each room. Please also note all cancellations or modifications must be made in writing, either by fax or email. Cancellations over the phone will not be accepted.
7. Meals are provided in the College’s dining hall at the following times, breakfast: 7:30am – 9:00am, Lunch: 12:30pm-1:30pm, Dinner: 6:00pm – 7:00pm. Times may vary due to operational requirements, the college will make alternate times available. Take away lunch and dinner can be provided by request with reasonable notice. Please enquire at the college for further information.
8. Any concerns or complaints regarding accommodation at John XXIII College must be brought to the attention of the College’s front office or duty staff as early as possible during your stay and, if not resolved to your satisfaction, should be notified in writing to email@example.com or Customer Services, John XXIII College PO Box 417 Canberra, ACT, 2601.
9. Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained online and in print, we cannot accept responsibility for any errors or omissions, and reserve the right to vary, amend, update, supplement or cancel any of the information or offers featured online or in print at any time.
10. John XXIII College shall not be responsible for any loss or damage which you may suffer arising out of events beyond its control or the control of its suppliers (including, without limitation, fire, failure of electrical, gas or other power supplies, strikes, industrial action, terrorist activity, technical problems with transport, illness of entertainers and bad weather), nor for any curtailment, cancellation or change to any accommodation, activity or itinerary or any other consequences which arise as a result of such events.