GEOFF JOHNSTON – Head of College & CEO
Master of Arts (Education)
Master of Education (Educational Leadership)
Bachelor of Education
Diploma of Teaching
Certificate of Teaching
Geoff, joined the College in the middle of 2015, has had an extensive experience in secondary schools including being Head Master (8 Years) at a Senior High School. He then moved on to recently complete over 11 successful years as Master & CEO at a Residential College in Regional NSW.
The Head of College is the Chief Executive Officer of the College and is employed by the Board. The Head of College, as the CEO of the College, is responsible for:
- Fostering an environment in which the centrality of community and the academic, spiritual, cultural, social and sporting development of all its residents may best take place by:
- The articulation and modelling of the vision and core practice of the College that is infused with the values and principles of the Catholic faith;
- The leadership and sound management of all aspects of College operations including, but not limited to, the business, disciplinary, academic, administrative and pastoral/community operations of the College consistent with its vision and core practices;
The implementation of established and new board policies and decisions.
TONI SMITH – Deputy Head of College Bachelor of Science (Criminal Justice)
Toni joined the Johns family in August 2018. She had been working in Residential Life for 13 years in the USA, Victoria and Western Australia.
Toni has responsibility for Student Services and as such oversees the provision of pastoral care, academic support, pastoral care support and guidance to the residents. She has responsibility for the maintenance of discipline and good order at the College in consultation with the Head of College. Toni also manages the Student Leadership Program, the training and supervision of the student leaders and the Resident’s Social Club and has overall responsibility for development and implementation of the cultural, social and academic life of the College.
Marketing, Public Relations, and Alumni Officer – Position currently vacant
The Marketing, Alumni and Public Relations Officer works closely with and reports to the Head of College. They are responsible for organising and running:
- Marketing and Promotion activities, including maintaining and monitoring the College’s social media platforms;
- Alumni Relations and events;
- Public Relations activities;
Personal Assistant to the Head and Deputy – Position currently vacant
The Personal Assistant works closely with the Head of College and the Deputy to provide administrative support to the Management team and the Student Services Department.