Dining At Johns
As a fully catered residence, John XXIII College provides its residents with 3 meals and 2 “snack times” per day, during the academic year in the Dining Room.
- Breakfast (7:00am – 9:00am)
- Snack time (10:30am – 11:30am)
- Lunch (12:30pm – 1:30pm)
- Snack time (3:00pm – 5:00pm)
- Dinner (6:00pm – 7:00pm)
The snack times operate during the academic teaching and exam weeks only.
John’s Catering Team offers, in our opinion, the best cuisine available on campus.
- Breakfast includes a hot breakfast (Monday to Friday) and a daily continental buffet breakfast (juices, fresh fruit, cereals, yoghurts, pastries, various breads) 7 days a week.
- Lunch and Dinner includes brassiere style hot dishes (a variety of meats, vegetables, potato and rice), cold meats, salad bar and condiments.
- Provisions are provided to make pizza and sandwiches in the grill or sandwich press.
- Homemade hot soup is provided during winter!
- Fresh fruit is available at every meal.
- Dinner also includes soft drink machine plus a variety of desserts.
- Daily Snack times gives residents the opportunity for a between meal snack of fresh fruit, a range of cereals, toast and condiments – a favourite of our residents.
- Snack Times are a favourite of the residents!
- Catering for Vegetarian, Halal meals and other cultural and dietary requirements are provided.
- A Packed Lunch Service for those unable to attend during normal meal times (by request).
- A Late Dinner Service is provided for those unable to attend during normal meal times (by request).
- A Casual Guest Meal Service is provided for friends or family of College residents currently charged at a nominal fee that is dependent on the snack or meal time.
Snack Time $00
|DINNING ROOM MENU 22/04 to 28/04|
|Meat 1||Chicken & Corn Lasagne||Meat 1||Sticky Chicken drumstick|
|Meat 2||Traditional Beef Pie||Meat 2||Slow cooked Beef Casserole|
|Vego/Vegan||Curried chick Peas, GF Pasta||Vego/Vegan||Vermicelli Noodle Stir Fry|
|Starch||Trio Roasted Vegetables||Starch||Creamy Potato Bake|
|Sweet||Whole Fruit & Fruit Salad||Dessert||Fresh Fruit, Ice Cream, Muffins|
|Meat 1||Ham & Cheese Croissants||Meat 1||Black Bean Chicken|
|Meat 2||Tomato & Meat ball Pasta||Meat 2||Soy Garlic Sirloin Steak|
|Vego/Vegan||Roasted Vegetable in tomato Salsa||Vego/Vegan||Tofu & Coriander Stir Fry|
|Starch||Roast Chats Potato||Starch||Steam White Rice|
|Vegetables||Steamed Peas and Corn||Vegetables||Steamed Beans|
|Sweet||Whole Fruit & Fruit Salad||Dessert||Fresh Fruit, Ice Cream, Lemon Cake|
|Meat 1||Massaman Beef Curry||Meat 1||Roast Pork Striploin|
|Meat 2||Steamed Chicken Dim Sim||Meat 2||Roast Lamb Leg|
|Vego/Vegan||Stir/fried Rice Noodle||Vego/Vegan||Falafels with Fetta|
|Starch||White & Brown Rice Steamed||Starch||Mash Potato|
|Sweet||Whole Fruit & Fruit Salad||Dessert||Fresh Fruit, Ice Cream, Cake|
|Meat 1||Slow Cooked Lamb Stew||Meat 1||Char-grilled Lamb Chops|
|Meat 2||Chicken Asian Vegetable Stir Fry||Meat 2||Grilled Chicken Thigh|
|Vego/Vegan||Lentil Curry||Vego/Vegan||Chick Pea Stew|
|Starch||Rice Pilaf, white/Brown||Starch||Chips and Chicken Salt|
|Sweet||Whole Fruit & Fruit Salad||Dessert||Fresh Fruit, Ice Cream, Pavlova|
|Meat 1||Sweet & Spicy Pork Belly||Meat 1||Beef Burgers|
|Meat 2||Asian Style Fish Fillets||Meat 2||Chicken Thigh Burgers|
|Vego/Vegan||Hokkien Noodle & Rice Noodle||Vego/Vegan||Corn and Fetta Burgers, Fish Cakes|
|Starch||Baked Potato||Starch||Roast Chat Potatoes|
|Sweet||Whole Fruit & Fruit Salad||Dessert||Fresh Fruit, Ice Cream, Coffee & Mocca Cake|
|Meat 1||Roast Beef with Gravy||Meat 1||Pasta Dinner Bolognaise|
|Meat 2||Coconut Chicken Curry||Meat 2||Chilli/Bacon/ Salami (Hot)|
|Vego/Vegan||Butter Tofu||Vego/Vegan||Pumpkin Ravioli|
|Starch||Steamed Brown Rice||Starch||Roast Pumpkin|
|Sweet||Whole Fruit & Fruit Salad||Dessert||Fresh Fruit, Ice Cream, Chocolate Cake|
|SUNDAY BUNCH 11 am-1 pm||Meat 1||Roasted Veal, Pepper Sauce|
|Pastries||Danish, Waffles, Breads, Croissants, Muffins, Crumpets, Fruit loaf, Pancakes||Meat 2||Beef Stir Fry with Vegetables|
|Eggs||Eggs Benedict, Boiled Eggs, Bacon, Sausage||Vego/Vegan||Roast Pumpkin Risotto|
|Hot Food||Hash Brown, Pork Buns, Beans||Starch||Creamy Potato Bake|
|Mushrooms, Duck Nipples||Vegetables||Steamed Peas and Corn|
|Sweet||Whole Fruit & Fruit Salad||Dessert||Fresh Fruit, Ice Cream, Carmel Slice|