How Do I Apply
Applications for residence at John XXIII College
- For Semester 2 2019 are now OPEN.
- For Semester 1 2020 will open in late August 2019
The admission process for Prospective New Residents involves three steps:
- ANU students lodge an application via the ANU Accommodation Portal specifying that their College of choice is John XXIII. Non-ANU students e-mail the College’s Admissions Officer to lodge your interest in applying to John XXIII College
- The College will contact you via e-mail with a link to complete the online John XXIII College Prospective Resident Questionnaire.
- Then undertake a telephone interview with the Head of College or the Admissions Officer. You will be asked to book your telephone interview when completing the John XXIII Prospective Resident Questionnaire.
- If a Prospective Resident does not receive an Academic Offer to one of the Canberra Universities (ANU, UC, ACU, ADFA), they cannot be issued with an accommodation offer at John XXIII College.
- Accommodation offers will be issued via e-mail. We recommend applicants check their e-mail regularly approaching this time as accommodation offers are only valid for 48 hours.
- Accommodation offers cannot be deferred and the applicant will be required to reapply for the following year.
- It is optional to supply referee contact details on the Prospective Resident Questionnaire (one academic and one personal). It is the applicant’s responsibility to have contacted their nominated referees prior to providing their contact details. The College does NOT require written references.
- Completing the online John XXIII College Prospective Resident Questionnaire does not guarantee a residential room at John XXIII College.
It is recommended that all Prospective Residents read the Resident Handbook 2019 prior to accepting an offer at the College.
For further information regarding admissions, please contact the College’s Admissions Officer on +61 2 6125 6924.