2019 Residential Fees and Levies
2019 Residential Fees
John XXIII College will be offering Residential Accommodation Agreements for Returning Residents (39.7 weeks) and new Residents (40.86 weeks) at $424 per week which is fully inclusive of food and standard sized room accommodation. Please note that this period covers the course of the entire academic year at the ANU, including term and semester breaks. Please note that other Annual Fees & Levies are not included in the $424 per week fee.
Weekly Fees Include:
- Accommodation in a Single Study Bedroom
- Snack Rooms throughout the Residential Blocks
- Access to Onsite Deputy Head of College & Dean of Residents
- Dedicated John XXIII College Student Experience Officer
- Dedicated John XXIII College Counsellor
- Dedicated John XXIII College Night Porter
- Dedicated John XXIII College Chaplain
- John XXIII College Chapel and 24/7 access to the small Chapel
- VOIP Room Phone with FREE on campus and College calls
- Shared Uni-Sex Bathroom Facilities (except for en-suite) and Women’s Only dedicated Bathroom
- Pastoral Care provided by Senior Residents
- Academic Support Programme provided by Academic Advisors and Academic Tutors
- FREE Laundry – Washers, Dryers, Irons/Ironing Boards & Outdoor Clotheslines
- Communal Facilities – Junior Common Room, Tavern, Music Room, Study Room, College Library, ANU Computer Room, The Learning Centre Rooms
- Weekly Residential Room Cleaning (during Academic Terms)
- Residential IT Consultants for Resident IT matters
- Two Secure John XXIII College Bike Cages
- Secure Resident Mailboxes for post and packages
- Access to Onsite ATM & Vending Machines
- 3 Meals per Day & 2 ‘Snack Times’ per Day (during Academic Terms) prepared by the College’s Qualified Chegs
- Access to Academic, Spiritual, Social, Sporting, Cultural & Community Service Opportunities
- Furnishings and Utilities (Gas/Water/Electricity)
|Standard Room Rate||$1,870 per month||($424 per week / $16,833 per year)|
|Large Room Rate||$2,100 per month||($477 per week / $18,937 per year)|
|En-suite Room Rate||$2,240 per month||($508 per week / $20,168 per year)|
The College reserves the right to amend these charges. All fees are paid in advance in accordance with the payment schedules incorporated in the Residential Accommodation Agreement.
Please note that preference for Large and En-Suite Rooms are given to Senior Residents, Academic Advisors & IT Consultants in the first instance.
Contracts are only available for a one semester period – either for the duration of 1st or 2nd Semester at the ANU – if the Resident is completing their university studies or if they are a Study Abroad Student (e.g. an International Student studying in Australia for one semester or an Australian Student travelling Overseas to study for 1 or 2 semesters).
Further information regarding Accommodation Agreements, please contact the College’s Admissions Officer on +61 2 6125 6924.
2019 Annual Fees & Levies
|Annual Charges for All Residents|
|39.7 Wks||19 Wks|
|ANU Data, WiFi & Computer Levy||$875.00||$437.50|
|Insurance & Building Maintenance Levy||$510.00||$255.00|
|Optional Residents’ Association (RA) Fee (paid directly to RA)||$300.00||$300.00|
Plus additional charges for Returning Residents only
|Application Processing Fee (NonRefundable)||$80.00||$80.00|
Plus additional charges for New Residents only
|John XXIII College Registration Fee (Non-Refundable)||$285.00||$285.00|
|ANU Registration Fee (Non-Refundable)||$140.00||$140.00|
|Refundable Room Bond (Standard Room Rate)||$300.00||$300.00|
|Academic Gown (Compulsory for Formal Dinners)||$90.00||$90.00|
*Note: Refundable Room Bond: Standard Room $300; Large Room $350; En-Suite Room $400
- ANU Data, WiFi & Computer Levy: Non-refundable fee which contributes towards the ongoing costs of maintaining the College’s IT infrastructure and hardware including the computer room facilities/lab, College’s intranet system (PelicanNet), Residential IT Support, unlimited* access to Internet (supplied from ANU) and Wi-Fi (supplied from ANU) infrastructure installed by ANU.
- Insurance & Building Maintenance Levy: Non-refundable Insurance levy which includes cover for Residents’ Contents & Personal Accident Protection. The Building Maintenance Levy contributes to the ongoing upkeep, improvements and renovations of the building facilities.
- Registration Fee – John XXIII College: Non-refundable administration fee for data processing of applications.
- Registration Fee – ANU: Collected on behalf of the ANU, this is a non-refundable fee charged by University Accommodation Services.
- Refundable Room Bond: A fully refundable bond held until the completion of residency to ensure that all contractual obligations have been fulfilled. Deductions will be made for any outstanding damages or charges and the balance refunded to Resident.
Note: Fees & Levies are refundable only if the Resident breaks Contract with the College prior to starting 1st or 2nd Semester. All Fees & Levies are fully Non-Refundable after each Semester begins. All Fees & Levies are subject to change.
2019 Payment of Fees
Residential Fees may be paid by credit card (MasterCard / Visa only and will incur a Merchant Fee of 1%) or Direct Deposit. Administration Fees will apply for declined Credit Cards or rejected Direct Deposits. Residential Fees may be paid by month, semester or year in advance.
In 2019, discounts of Residential Fees are provided for those Residents that have siblings residing at the College in the same year.
Financial Bursaries are awarded to Residents who are experiencing financial hardship. Financial Bursaries are valued up to $2,000 p.a. and are payable for one year only being continued from Semester 1 into Semester 2 after the Resident demonstrates to the College that he/she remains enrolled in a Full-Time study load, not withstanding graduating semesters, has achieved at least a Pass average in all of his/her subjects, has no disciplinary problems within the College and remains up to date with their Residential Fee payments.
Details of the full range of payment options, methods, and the instalment system may be obtained by contacting the Business Manager on +61 2 6125 6903.